|Aryabhatta Knowledge University|
Aryabhatta Knowledge University (AKU) is a university in the state of Bihar, India. It is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The university is now governed by Bihar State University Act 2008.
Aryabhatta Knowledge University (AKU), Patna has been established by Government of Bihar for the development and management of educational infrastructure related to technical, medical, management and allied professional education in the state.
The ‘Aryabhatta Knowledge University Act-2008’ provides for the establishment of University at Patna to conduct and facilitate affiliation of institutions in the conventional as well new frontiers of professional education. All colleges and institutions imparting professional education for example Engineering and Technology including information Technology, Nano technology & Biotechnology, Management, Medicine, Health technology, Public Health Pharmacy, Optometry, Nursing, Education, Law etc. are to be affiliated to this university.
The objective of the university is to promote the professional education infrastructure to meet the national standard through well advanced course, infrastructure and quality faculty.
|Colleges Registered Under CIMAGE Group of Institutions|
CIMAGE Professional College (College Code – 310)
Renowned Colleges, affiliated to AKU are:
Aryabhatta Centre for Nano-science & Nano-technology. (ACNN), Patna.
- Patna Medical College and Hospital.
- Nalanda Medical College and Hospital.
- Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital.
- Anugrah Narain Magadh Medical College, Gaya.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Bhagalpur.
- Sri Krishna Medical College, Muzaffarpur.
Govt. Engineering Colleges :
- Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology
- Bhagalpur College of Engineering
- Nalanda College of Engineering
- Gaya College of Engineering
- Darbhanga College of Engineering
- Motihari College of Engineering
- Lok Nayak Jayprakash Institute Of Technology, Chapra (Saran)